Price is by the foot. There is a 10' minimum, and after that, order in 5' increments only.
Used to lower soil temperatures in the field or garden, to hasten germination of cool weather fall crops, to prevent bolting and bitterness in heat-sensitive crops (such as lettuce and spinach) and to protect against wind damage and drying.
It's unique lock-stitch construction allows the user to cut the fabric with scissors without further unraveling.
- UV stabilized, rot and mildew proof, this black polypropylene has a life of 5-7 years, more if stored out of the sun during periods of non-use.
- General field guidelines: for vegetables, such as tomatoes and peppers, use 30% shade cloth in areas with very hot summers
- For lettuce, spinach and cole crops, use 47% in hot areas, 30% in northern or coastal climates.
- Use 50-60% for shade-loving plants.
- Shade cloth is also used over greenhouses in summer to reduce the need for expensive ventilation.
- Maximum shade density (80%) is often used over patios and skylights to cool people as well as plants.
- Great for winter pool covers.
Returns accepted on un-used, full rolls only.