Derived from leguminous perennial alfalfa plant used for pasture and cover crop. Primary benefit of this pleasant smelling meal is increasing organic matter, although it is also a valuable plant-derived fertilizer.
- NPK analysis is 2.8-0.29-2.4
- Contains trace minerals and triaconatol
- Excellent addition to the compost pile for nitrogen content and absorbency
- Roses respond especially well to alfalfa meal
- WSDA Certified Organic Alfalfa Meal
Directions for Use:
For new plantings of roses, mix 0.5 cup per plant into the soil. For existing plants, mix 0.5-1 cup of alfalfa meal to a depth of 4"-6" around each rose bush. For vegetables and flower beds, work in at 5-10 lbs/100 sq ft and work into the soil.