PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION
When placing your bare root orders, please be aware that AS SOON as the trees/plants are available to ship (Dec. for trees, Jan. for plants), we will begin shipping IMMEDIATELY - no matter where you are located !!!
There are several factors why we must ship immediately:
- We can only ship bare root items when they are dormant. With us being located in CA, trees/plants can come out of dormancy well before the rest of the nation is ready to plant.
- We receive our bare root items in successive deliveries. We need to move them out quickly, as our space is limited.
- It is very challenging, if not impossible, to keep track of who gets what when dealing with ten's of thousands of trees/plants and 200 varieties over 3 months, hence we must adhere to our policy.
ATTENTION "POLAR VORTEX" AFFECTED CUSTOMERS
When your order arrives, you should remove it from the outside elements before nightfall. If you will not be present at the destination when the order will be delivered, you should either ship the order to another location or make sure someone will be there to take care of your order.
While your order is hardy enough to withstand freezing temperatures in its box, you definitely should not leave it outside in sub-zero temperatures for days on end.
AS IMPORTANTLY, you then need to open the box, remove the trees/plants from their plastic bag, store them in a basement, cellar or garage, covering their roots with sand, dirt, sawdust or wood chips (do not use cedar that is toxic to the trees) and keep them moist until you are able to plant them in the ground in Spring.
- Everbearer Day Neutral
- One of America’s most popular everbearing varieties.
- Ozark produces sweet, full-flavored, wedge-shaped fruit, excellent for preserves or freezing.
- Very hardy, producing heavy yields from summer through fall.
Strawberries are sent out on Mondays. Place your order by Wednesday to ship the following Monday. Unless you specify otherwise, we will send your Strawberries on the next possible Monday. You could also request delayed delivery in the Order-Specific Comments box.
Strawberries are extremely adaptable and are grown in every state in the U.S. Plants generally grow 6”–8” tall and 12” across, are shallow–rooted, and benefit from mulch such as straw, pine needles, or plastic. Prefer a soil rich in all the basic nutrients with a pH of 6–6.5. Susceptible to root rot and must be planted in well-drained soil, with crown set at soil level. Yield under the best of conditions is about one basket per plant per season.
June Bearers generally produce a single large crop in spring to early summer (as early as March in warmer regions) and are prolific producers for 3 to 4 weeks. Pick the blossoms off June bearers the first year to boost production the second year.
Everbearers are not as prolific as June bearers but are especially suitable for growers who wish to harvest a constant supply of berries throughout the summer. Plant some of both to have a large harvest to preserve, and plenty to eat all summer!
Full Box Quantities The plant count of a full box is 1500. If you buy a box, you will end up paying only $0.10/plant. These ship directly from the supplier.