About home beer brewing
Brewing your own beer at home can be achieved fairly easily with a few specialty pieces of equipment, the right ingredients, a little bit of knowledge and about a month’s time. Once you get the hang of it you can refine your recipe to your tastes, grow your own hops, and even make your own brewing equipment.
The 10 basic steps for home beer brewing:
- In a stock pot, steep grains in water.
- Mix in malt extract and boil the solution.
- Add hops in intervals according to recipe as solution boils.
- Cool the mixture and transfer to fermenter.
- Record solutions specific gravity for future use.
- Add yeast to initiate the fermentation process.
- Stir or shake solution vigorously to aerate it.
- After 4 -14 days of fermentation, transfer to a secondary fermenter.
- Allow it to age for 2-3 weeks.
- Bottle beer and allow it to carbonate until it’s ready to drink.
We have bare root hops in the late winter, for you to plant and grow your own organic ingredients for home
brewed beer. We selected the best books to guide you, and found a high-quality stainless steel stock pot so
you can brew up.