Used in making a variety of hard, moderate temperature loving cheeses including Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Stilton, Edam, Gouda, Muenster, Blue, and Colby.
- This culture is added directly to your milk and takes all the muss and fuss out of the culturing process.
- CULTURE INCLUDES: s.lactis, s. cremoris, malto dextrin
- YIELD: Each packet will set up to 2 gallons of milk.
- STORAGE: Keep packages in the freezer, they will last up to 2 years if stored properly.
- For use with the Basic Hard Cheese Kit. DS means Direct Set, which means they cannot be re-cultured.
This culture will die in temperatures over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Please make sure that when the package arrives it does not sit in a hot place for an extended period of time.