- Country of Origin: United States of America
- Zones: 9b
- Looks: A tree of strong vigor with an erect habit and canopy of medium density.
- Personality: Prized as a dual-purpose variety, being used in green and black pickling as well as oil production. When mature, the fruit has about 22% oil content. Fruit has a medium removal force and is freestone.
- Facts of note: Productivity is medium and alternate. Ripening is late. Flowers in late May, and beginning of bearing is intermediate. This variety is considered hardy because of its resistance to cold. It is considered sensitive to olive leaf spot and verticillium wilt but it is resistant to olive knot.
- Pollenizer: Self-fruitful, often grown with Ascolana or Sevillano
Olive trees come potted and are self-fruitful (produce both male and female flowers on the same tree). Even if a pollenizer is not required, mixing varieties may help increase yields. See suggested trees under "Pollenizer" for each variety. Evergreen, long-lived, beautiful ornamental with soft gray-green foliage. The ideal time of year to plant olives is in early fall. Alternately early spring is another good time of year to plant olives. The slow growing trees reach about 25’–30’ in maturity.
Thrives in hot summers but will tolerate coastal regions too. Winter temperatures shouldn’t drop below 22°–25°F (green fruit will be damaged at 32°F), but average winter temperatures above 50°F will inhibit fruiting. Drought resistant trees grow in alkaline soils with little fertilization. Plan your planting location to provide good drainage.
The potted trees will be about 18"-36” tall from the bottom of the pot to the top of the tree, approximately 1/8”–1/4” diameter (measured just above the graft).
Ship up to 6 Potted Trees for Only $9.99!* *Shipping offer only available to the lower 48 states. Offer applies only to the following potted varieties: Almond, Fig, Pomegranate, Olive, Avocado trees, Kiwi Vines and Goji. Ships via FedEx Home/Ground. Cannot ship to P.O. boxes.
Cannot ship to the following states: AK, HI, PR, VI, GU.
Cannot ship via SmartPost. Up to 6 potted trees may be combined in a single package, but cannot be combined with other items.
Shipping Weight: 4.50 lbs.
Dimensions: 48"L x 4"W x 4"H
We guarantee that potted trees will arrive in good viable condition. If they do not, contact Customer Service
immediately. As they are evergreen and thus not dormant, they are not subject to our Dormant Tree Limited Guarantee.