NatureMill Kitchen Composter Ultra is the easy way to make "finished" compost inside your kitchen! Basically, add waste items any time, any day (vegetables, coffee grounds -- even dairy, meat, or fish). NatureMill Ultra does the rest. The upper chamber mixes, heats, and aerates. Compost later transfers to the lower chamber, so you can add fresh items. Remove "finished" compost fertilizer. Empty every 2 weeks, when the tray is full.
Two chamber design: So clean and easy, you can even compost indoors. Add food at any time into the upper chamber. Heat, mixing, and oxygen help the natural cultures break down the food within days - before odors develop. Push a button to transfer to the tray below. It will continue to compost there for another week, while you fill the upper chamber again. Remove the tray at your convenience.
No worms, bugs, or trash odors: Natural compost cultures consume the food quickly, without trash odors. They produce a mild aroma like sourdough bread, mushrooms, or straw. Balance the compost by adding sawdust pellets to increase "brown" content, and baking soda to reduce acidity (both are included). An air pump draws air into the machine and out through a powerful air filter.
Use the composter anywhere: Fits inside any standard cabinet. Keep it in the kitchen, a garage, or laundry room. Use it indoors or outdoors, even in the snow, rain, or freezing temperatures. Keep the power supply dry with an weatherproof power outlet.
Endless supply of compost: Empty the cure tray when when it is full. You can expect about 1.5 gallons (6L) of finished compost every two weeks, depending on your actual usage. Seventy percent of the initial food disappears into thin air, as the cultures convert it into water that evaporates. What's left is a concentrated compost fertilizer. It's ready for use outdoors, or leave it in a bucket until you are ready to use it.
Great for the planet: Energy use is just $0.50/month - less than a garbage truck would burn in diesel fuel to haul away the same waste. A NatureMill composter recycles its weight in waste every 10 days, diverting over two tons of waste from landfills over its life. This reduces emissions of methane, a harmful greenhouse gas produced when organic matter decomposes in oxygen-starved landfills. NatureMill is made from recycled and recyclable materials. Every NatureMill composter meets California Energy Efficiency Level IV - the most stringent energy standard in the world.
- 4 gallon (15 L) weekly capacity: ideal for a typical family of 4-5 people
- Quiet with an average of 47 decibels when running
- Automatic mixing
- Use indoors or outdoors
- Fully assembled, ready to use
- No trash odors, just a mild earthy aroma
- Hot composting process even accepts meat, fish, dairy (no worms or fermentation)
- Two chamber design: add food any time to the upper chamber, remove 2 gallons (8L) compost from the lower chamber every 2 weeks (depends on actual use)
- Low energy use: about $0.50 / month
- Made from TEMPERENE™ - a durable, recyclable, energy efficient material
- 100% stainless steel internal components
- One year warranty/lifetime filter
- Dimensions: 20" x 12" x 20"H (50x30x50cm)
Made in the USA