Once hens are 22 weeks or begin laying, and during their laying years, they should be fed a protein level of 16 to 18 percent. Calcium and minerals are included for laying hens.
- 17% protein, 2.5% fat, 6.0% fiber
- Corn and soybean meal based to maximize feed palatability and efficiency
- Balanced amino acid levels to promote optimum performance, including Lysine
- No inferior proteins such as safflower or sunflower meal
- Contains natural oyster shell, a great calcium source and gravel for the gizzard to help with digestion
- Contains extracts of marigold flowers, a natural anti-oxidant and source of rich yellow skin and yolk color for the meat bird and layer
- Diatomaceous earth
Very occasionally, especially in the summer, there may be harmless insects harvested with the grain. The chickens will love this, but you may be surprised! However, this will not affect the feed.