This tuber with smooth, red-brown skin, shallow eyes and white flesh, out-produces most commercial fresh market russets as far as the percentage of #1 uniform potatoes. It is excellent for baking, frying or boiling and keeps well. It is scab-resistant and provides dependable yields. This is another great variety from Dr. Robert Johansen, talented breeder of the wonderful Anoka. It is a good choice for a gardener with limited space. Similar to Russet Burbank.
Potatoes are simple to grow and reap pounds and pounds of rewards!• Our potatoes are certified seed & certified organic.
• Harvest 10-15 lbs. of potatoes for every pound planted under optimal conditions.
• Fall-planted spuds produce outstanding yields by May. However, if your area experiences hard winters (USDA Zones 1-7), or you tend to have long wet seasons when rot might be a problem, plant potatoes in spring.
- Complete planting information is included with your shipment.
- One pound of potatoes will plant a row approximately 8' long with seed pieces spaced at 8"-12" apart.
- Plan on 1,200 lbs/acre (600 lbs. of fingerlings) when rows are spaced 36" apart with 12" between plants.
Item Model Number:
Product Use Instructions:
Norkotah Russet Organic Potato Lb Instructions - 160kb
Warranty Info, Shipping Charts, and more.
Organic Gardening Resource Center:
Resource Center, and more.