This short oval potato with smooth pale yellow skin, shallow eyes, and white flesh can be used for fries, hash browns and many other uses even without peeling. Kennebec, one of the best keepers, is resistant to blight and mosaic, late blight, and net necrosis. The heavy yields of dependably large potatoes on most soils makes this a great potato in the North. Plant sunburns easily.
Potatoes are simple to grow and reap pounds and pounds of rewards!
• Our potatoes are certified seed & certified organic. • Harvest 10-15 lbs. of potatoes for every pound planted under optimal conditions.
• Fall-planted spuds produce outstanding yields by May. However, if your area experiences hard winters (USDA Zones 1-7), or you tend to have long wet seasons when rot might be a problem, plant potatoes in spring. • Instructions:
- Complete planting information is included with your shipment.
- One pound of potatoes will plant a row approximately 8' long with seed pieces spaced at 8"-12" apart.
- Plan on 1,200 lbs/acre (600 lbs. of fingerlings) when rows are spaced 36" apart with 12" between plants.