- Zones: 7-10
- Chill hours: 150
- Harvest: September 5 - October 10
- Looks: Fantastically huge fruits up to three times the size of Wonderful with pale pink skin.
- Personality: Purple sweet-tart juice, similar to Wonderful.
- Facts of note: Pomegranates are not grafted onto any rootstock, so in areas where it gets cold enough to freeze, the tops of the plants may die back, they still come back and produce fruit.
Hummingbirds LOVE the pomegranate flowers.
Long-lived tree, does well in any soil with inland or coastal climates.
- Pollination: Self-pollinated.
Glossy–leaved, ornamental and long-lived tree with showy orange–red blossoms in late spring. Pomegranates are native to Iran and India and have been cultivated in the arid regions of the world since antiquity. They love desert climates with hot summers and cold winters they have been known to grow as far north as Utah and Washington D.C. but they rarely fruit in these latitudes. When planting, cut back the top half of the tree and cut side limbs back to 3”–6” to prevent desiccation and stress. A pomegranate can reach 20'-30' in maturity, but is more commonly seen at 12'-16'. Suitable to espalier. Pomegranates do not like to be planted as bare–roots and are difficult to establish, so we sell these No. 1 size trees (2’ to 3’) in pots to enhance their survival rate. Trees are 1 year old, and should begin to fruit the same year you plant them.
Check out our Fruit Tree Harvest Chart to plan for successive harvests.
Ship up to 6 Potted Trees for Only $13.99!* *Shipping offer only available to the lower 48 states. Offer applies only to the following potted varieties: Almond, Fig, Pomegranate, Olive, Avocado trees, Kiwi Vines and Goji. Ships via FedEx Home/Ground. Cannot ship to P.O. boxes. Cannot ship to the following states: AK, HI, PR, VI, GU.
Cannot ship via SmartPost. Up to 6 potted trees may be combined in a single package, but cannot be combined with other items.
Shipping Weight: 5.50 lbs.
Dimensions: 48"L x 4"W x 4"H