This produces the characteristic eyes (holes), aroma and flavor associated with Swiss, Gruyere and Emmenthal. This culture must be used with a Thermophilic culture for preparing Swiss-type cheeses. It cannot be re-cultured.
- Culture Includes: Propionibacteria freudenreichii subsp. shermanii.
- Yield: Amount to use will vary depending on the type of cheese being made.
- Use 1/8 teaspoon per 2-4 gallons of milk.
- Packet contains approximately 8-10 teaspoons and will set 100-200 gallons.
- Keeps in freezer one year.
Note: This is not an acid producing culture and needs to be used with another thermophilic culture to convert the lactose and produce acid.