1.0 mil red plastic mulch not only suppresses weeds and retains moisture but it also increases production of tomatoes and strawberries. Red mulch has been shown to increase tomato production from 12-20% due to the reflection of certain growth-enhancing light waves from sunlight on to the plant. Strawberry plants were also shown to produce larger berries when grown with this mulch. Field tests at the Agricultural Research Service in Florence, South Carolina have indicated that red plastic mulch suppresses root-knot nematode damage in tomatoes.
- Uniform red color for uniform results.
- Soil warming of 4 - 6º F.
- Almost total weed control.
- Reduction of soil moisture evaporation.
- Conservation of soil nutrients especially nitrogen.
- Improved yields in trials.
You have no items to compare.
You have no items in your shopping cart.