Potatoes are simple to grow and reap pounds and pounds of rewards!
• Our potatoes are certified seed & certified organic.
• Harvest 10-15 lbs. of potatoes for every pound planted under optimal conditions.
• Fall-planted spuds produce outstanding yields by May. However, if your area experiences hard winters (USDA Zones 1-7), or you tend to have long wet seasons when rot might be a problem, plant potatoes in spring.
- Complete planting information is included with your shipment.
- One pound of potatoes will plant a row approximately 8' long with seed pieces spaced at 8"-12" apart.
- Plan on 1,200 lbs/acre (600 lbs. of fingerlings) when rows are spaced 36" apart with 12" between plants.
Walnut trees are fruitful and beautiful. I love to sit in the shade of one of my walnut trees and look out over the sloping garden. In our new video Tricia shows you how to care for and prune walnut trees.…
December 19, 2012 - Charlotte from Peaceful Valley
Introduce a tomato gardener to the joys of cool-season growing. The pouch of our Roo gardening apron has seeds for garlic, shallots, potatoes, and vegetables—and a how-to book from the man who gardens…
First of all, a Customer Success Story: Bill Bird and his wife Venus planted two pounds of potatoes in their 4’x8’ raised bed and harvested close to 100 pounds of potatoes this summer! They…
A kind PV customer sent us a message recently: “Cranberry Red and All Blue varieties (1 lb.) purchased from Peaceful Valley and planted in March. Resulted in close to 100 lbs. of potatoes from a…