The Weck company has been providing canning equipment in Europe since 1900. Weck does not produce home-canning jars with mechanical sealing devices and the reason is safety!
In case the contents of a jar should spoil for any reason, the gases formed by spoilage inside the jar must be free to push up the lid so that it lies loosely on top of the jar.
For this extremely important reason of personal safety, a reason which is still more important than the practical ones mentioned below, WECK has consistently refused to produce jars with mechanical wire bail seals for home-canning purposes. In case of spoilage, these mechanical seals cannot produce the strikingly clear warning signal of the loose lid.
Other Advantages Include:
• Wide, easy to fill jars
• Glass lids that will not rust
• Seals that are easy to check at a glance
• Easy open jars (no can opener needed)
• Easy stack jars for convenient, space saving storage
• Wide openings make for easy cleanup
• Glass is microwave safe
• Attractive, fun, decorative shapes nice enough for table use & gifting
You have no items to compare.
You have no items in your shopping cart.