PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Our trees will come to you topped off at approx. 3 ft in height to put the tree’s stored energy first into root development vs. foliage production.
When placing your bare root orders, please be aware that AS SOON as the trees/plants are available to ship (Dec. for trees, Jan. for plants), we will begin shipping IMMEDIATELY - no matter where you are located !!!
There are several factors why we must ship immediately:
- We can only ship bare root items when they are dormant. With us being located in CA, trees/plants can come out of dormancy well before the rest of the nation is ready to plant.
- We receive our bare root items in successive deliveries. We need to move them out quickly, as our space is limited.
- It is very challenging, if not impossible, to keep track of who gets what when dealing with ten's of thousands of trees/plants and 200 varieties over 3 months, hence we must adhere to our policy.
ATTENTION "POLAR VORTEX" AFFECTED CUSTOMERS
When your order arrives, you should remove it from the outside elements before nightfall. If you will not be present at the destination when the order will be delivered, you should either ship the order to another location or make sure someone will be there to take care of your order.
While your order is hardy enough to withstand freezing temperatures in its box, you definitely should not leave it outside in sub-zero temperatures for days on end.
AS IMPORTANTLY, you then need to open the box, remove the trees/plants from their plastic bag, store them in a basement, cellar or garage, covering their roots with sand, dirt, sawdust or wood chips (do not use cedar that is toxic to the trees) and keep them moist until you are able to plant them in the ground in Spring.
BARE-ROOT TREE LIMITED REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE
Only available to customers who have purchased their bare-root trees directly from PVF&GS.
- First, please note that we do not guarantee your success with keeping your tree alive or having your tree bear fruit, as there are too many variables beyond our control to be able to do so.
- What we guarantee, and our only guarantee, is that your bare-root tree(s) will leaf out by May 15th. Historically, less than 2% of our trees won’t. Also, please note that if your tree leafs out and then dies, it is no longer covered by our guarantee.
- Guarantee claims received after June 1st will be automatically denied.
- By Purchasing Our Bare-Root Tree(s), You Expressly, Fully And Unconditionally Agree To The Terms And Conditions Of Our Bare-Root Tree Limited Replacement Guarantee.
Almonds, Figs, Pomegranates, Olives, Avocados and potted Goji will be shipped in tree sleeves and measure about 18"– 30” tall from the bottom of the pot to the top of the tree, and are approximately 1/8”–1/4” diameter (measured just above the graft). Olive and avocado trees are evergreen. These trees do not fare well in "bare root" conditions, thus they are sold in pots.