Call (888) 784-1722 Mon-Sat 8:30-5:00 PST
Thanks for Subscribing!
Use Code: at Checkout!
Hurry! Expires !
A Back to Basics Guide to Growing Your Own Food, Canning, Keeping Chickens, Generating Your Own Energy, Crafting, Herbal Medicine, and More
With the rapid depletion of our planet’s natural resources, we would all like to live a more self–sufficient lifestyle. But in the midst of an economic crisis, it’s just as important to save money as it is to go green. As Gehring shows in this thorough but concise guide, being kind to Mother Earth can also mean being kind to your bank account! It doesn’t matter where your homestead is located—farm, suburb, or even city. Wherever you live, The Homesteading Handbook can help you:
· Plan, plant, and harvest your own organic home garden.
· Enjoy fruits and vegetables year-round by canning, drying, and freezing.
· Build alternate energy devices by hand, such as solar panels or geothermal heat pumps.
· Differentiate between an edible puffball mushroom and a poisonous amanita.
· Prepare butternut squash soup using ingredients from your own garden.
· Conserve water by making a rain barrel or installing an irrigation system.
· Have fun and save cash by handcrafting items such as soap, potpourri, and paper.
Experience the satisfaction that comes with self–sufficiency, as well as the assurance that you have done your part to help keep our planet green. The Homesteading Handbook is your roadmap to living in harmony with the land.