IPM - Integrated Pest Management control pests in the most natural possible way.
Major components of IPM are:
• Monitor, Identify & Control the Pests
• Biological Controls are natural enemies such as beneficial insects.
• Cultural Controls alter the environment so the pests can’t live easily (removing shelter, adjusting watering times).
• Mechanical and Physical Controls are traps that kill pests, or barriers that keep them away from plants (gopher wire, deer fencing, bird netting).
• Chemical Controls are pesticides. In IPM pesticides are a last resort.
combine all these controls for a long-term solution to your pest problem.