26" tiller box/tine attachment for BCS Tillers, Model numbers - 722, 732, and 853, 712, 739, and 740.
While other brands of tillers dig dirt, the BCS is a gardening machine. Prepare seedbeds, power compost, and cultivate with precision and ease. The BCS Tiller has unique features that enable you to not just “work” your soil, but to “build” your soil.
BCS tiller tines rotate 50% faster than competitive makes. In low gear, this translates into 20 rotations of the tines per revolution of the wheel. So whether you’re converting a portion of your lawn into garden or investing in an existing garden by chopping in a cover crop of rye, the BCS is uniquely suited to incorporating organic matter into the top six to eight inches of your soil. This soil-building process, commonly referred to as power composting, is the key to a productive garden.
Most importantly, BCS accomplishes this effortlessly! Like any good tool, your “job” is simply to keep it company. Because of its chopping action, the tines are not prone to getting tangled with plant material. With large wheels in control and proper balance, the tiller avoids “tine walking” and requires little or no downward pressure on the handles. Its compact design makes it easier to turn at the end of the row. And its instantly adjustable handle means that there is a height setting and off-set position that is perfect for every circumstance.
- Width sizes: 18'', 20'', 26'', 30'', 33''
- Adjustable widths: 26'' narrows to 20''; 30'' narrows to 26''; 33'' narrows to 27''.
- Tines rotate 50% faster than competitive brands at a rate of 20 rotations per wheel revolution.
- Tine speed can also be adjusted to a 10:1 rotation ratio when in second gear.
- Planar wedge in center of tiller breaks up center soil, leaving no untilled strip down the middle.
- Tine disconnect with lockout stops tines from spinning during transport or when in reverse for safer operation.
- Four tine depth settings, maximum of 8'' tilled depth.
- Replacement tine kits available.
All BCS tractors, with the exception of the 710, have a second, dedicated speed for cultivating between your plants. In this gear, the tines turn 10 times per revolution of the wheel; thereby eliminating weeds and creating a dirt mulch, without over-pulverizing your soil.
Good news for large-scale gardeners – if desired, your cultivating speed can exceed a mile per hour. With the exception of the 18” model, all BCS tiller attachments feature variable-width settings. And all BCS tillers are equipped with a center-mounted planar wedge that eliminates the untilled strip left by other brands.