- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Crotolaria juncea, Ciat variety. Warm season legume cover crop.
Sunn Hemp, a tropical legume, is used in many tropical countries as the number one soil builder and cover crop for reclaiming poor land. Vigorous summer legume, has a deep tap root and will produce yellow flowers within 60-75 days (fastest growth is in July/August). Grows best in soils that are around 65°F.
- Application Rate: 1-2 lb/1000 sq ft or 15-30 lb/acre
- Inoculant: Cowpea inoculant (sold separately)
- Germination: 5-10 Days (when soil is warm)
- Plant Height: 5 - 6'
- Use: Excellent Nitrogen fixer (200 lb/acre) and produces much organic matter. It can be used for cattle, sheep and goat grazing, as well as food plot for attracting deer. It can be used for weed control and for reclaiming poor land. Will pull up or mine calcium, sulfur, magnesium and some trace minerals.
- Facts to Note: Loves hot weather but will withstand cold down to 28°F. Requires good drainage, grows well on acid soils and tolerates low fertility. Seeds should be planted on rows 24"-36 apart or plants tend to smother each other out. Resistant to root-knot and Reniform nematodes.
- Adds Significant Organic Matter
- Fixes Nitrogen
- Good for Weed Competition
- Loosens Heavy Soils
- Provides Quick Growth
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8.0"L x 5"W x 1.5"H