- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Sorghum bicolor var. sudanense Warm season cover crop
King of the organic matter-producing cover crops and one of the most vigorous summer plants. Plant when ground is warm. Mow regularly in orchards or vineyards to control height. Combined with Woolypod Vetch (20% Sudangrass & 80% Woolypod Vetch) it makes a good cool summer cover crop for areas where temperatures do not exceed 85°F. (No inoculant needed)
- Application Rate: 1-2 lb/1000 sq ft or 35-50 lb/acre
- Inoculant: None needed
- Germination: Days
- Plant Height: 8'
- Days to Till In/Maturity: 45-60/105 Days
- Uses: Reducing excess soil nitrogen. Harvested for hay. Use in orchards or vineyards.
- Facts to Note: Grows well in hot, fertile, irrigated soil. Sudangrass should be incorporated after it has been stressed ( e.g., after the first frost or after withdrawal of irrigation). Horses and cattle love it, but note that Sudangrass is toxic to livestock immediately after frost and possibly when plants are young (up to 24 tall) or stressed. Matures to hay in 75-80 days.
- Adds Significant Organic Matter
- Easily Established
- Good for Forage/Hay
- Good for Weed Competition
- Helps Control Erosion
- Provides Quick Growth
- Requires Summer Water
- Somewhat Drought Tolerant
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 7.5"L x 7"W x 2.0"H