- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
- French Red Shallots are an indispensable staple in French cuisine
- Mid-sized, and very tasty shallot
- Very tolerant and can be grown in acidic soil down to 5.0 pH, but prefers 6.0-6.8 pH
- Plant in fertile, well-drained soil
- Approximately 4-6 bulbs per lb., 3-4 cloves per head or bulb
- Smaller bulbs have been shown to produce less bulbs per clump, but larger bulbs. With larger bulbs, you will get more bulbs per clump but they will be smaller (article on growing Shallots).
View our entire seed garlic collection!
- Container Compatible
- Easily Established
- Flavor Pick
- Good for Beginners
We cannot delay ship garlic/shallots. They will be shipped as soon as they are in stock.
Cannot ship to the following states: HI, PR, VI, ID, GU
Shipping Weight: 1.28 lb
Dimensions: 7.0"L x 5.0"W x 5.0"H