The best coldframes and greenhouses are glazed with ribbed, triple wall polycarbonate.
This high-tech plastic (also used for airplane windshields and football helmets) is able to withstand extreme temperatures and high impacts.
Triple walled polycarbonate also has 40% more insulation value than single pane glass, with nearly equal translucence. The ribbing scatters light evenly, eliminating hot spots and promoting straight, uniform growth.
Note: Before removing the outer film covering on panels, check to see which side must be placed on the outside.
- Dimensions: 4' W x 8' H x 5/16" thick
- Rib spacing of the plastic that comprises the triple wall is 0.3125"
- Transmits 75% of visible light and 1/16th the weight of a single pane of glass
- U-factor is .528 R-factor is 1.89
- Contains a UV barrier to increase the longevity of the sheets
- Limited 10 year warranty
Ships via truck only. A crate is required to ship these via truck, and the charge will be added to your order ($50 per crate, which holds up to 8 panels). Requires a custom freight quote. Cannot be combined with other items in a package, due either to its size or manufacturer packaging.
Shipping Weight: 13.00 lbs.
Dimensions: 96"L x 48"W x 0.125"H