- Use Instructions
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
This high quality soaker hose weeps along its entire length. UV stabilized, it lasts many years, above or below ground, and won't crack or decay, even in freezing weather. Made from 100% recycled materials. Soaker hose can be used in gardens, orchards, perennial borders, planters and raised beds. Can also be used around building foundations (1-2 feet from edge of foundation) to keep soils from drying out in summer.
- ID is 0.590", OD is 0.820", Wall thickness is 0.115"
- Installation spacing depends on your soil texture, but a general guideline is 18" apart, with maximum run of 250'.
- Flow rate is approximately 54 gal/hr per 100' of hose at 10 PSI, or approximately 224 GPH per 100' of hose at 25 PSI.
- Burst strength is 80 psi. Do not run on city water without a pressure regulator.
- It is recommended that you use a 22-25 PSI regulator for ideal performance.
- Maximum run for professional grade soaker hose is 250' per length with a maximum of 500' per faucet (water source) at one time.
This is bulk hose with NO fittings on the hose, they must be purchases separately. Soaker hose is a low flow, low pressure system. As a guideline, turn faucet a 1/2 turn, if your hose sprays and doesn't weep you have too much pressure, so turn down the faucet.
For best results, bury the hose at least 4" deep. Soaker hose needs low water pressure and requires a regulator. Soaker hose also requires a filter (at least 150 mesh) to screen out small particles. If your water has heavy mineral deposits, Soaker hose is not recommended. A Calcium Filter is also recommended for areas with hard water. For use on a well system, a filter is a MUST so that particles that might clog the pores of the tubing will be filtered out. Well water typically has particles of sediment in suspension.
Soaker hose is not recommended for hilly terrain. Should be used on flat surfaces not exceeding a 2' rise over 100'. It is not designed for tight turns. The hose can kink and then will break apart at that point. Soaker hose can be used in straight lines or snaked back and forth between plants. Barbed fittings fit inside soaker hose and metal clamps are needed to secure the fittings.
- Made from Recycled Materials
Shipping Weight: 10.0 lb
Dimensions: 19.5"L x 19.5"W x 5.25"H