- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
- Latin Name: Vaccinium corymbosum sp.
- Variety: Northern Highbush
- Plant Age: 1.5 years
- Zones: 4-8
- Chill Hours: 1000+
- Harvest: Mid to late season.
- Bush Habit: Slightly spreading bush reaching 5-6' tall with burgundy and orange foliage in Fall.
- Fruit: Giant, full and robust flavored berries.
- Facts of note: Chandler holds the distinction of being the world's largest blueberry with fruit the size of cherries. The long ripening season will provide gardeners with a bounty of flavorful, fresh picked fruit for up to six weeks. Eaten by the handful or presented as part of a specialty dessert, Chandler will be a favorite.
Delicious, exceptionally nutritious, and high in bioflavanoids. Consider climate suitability, ripening season and fruit size when selecting varieties and include at least two different varieties for cross-pollination and fruiting (any two varieties will do, regardless of ripening time). Grow in acidic, well-drained soil. Cottonseed meal is an excellent fertilizer for blueberries along with good quality compost and peat moss.
- Container Compatible
Cannot ship to the following states: HI, AK, PR, GU, VI
Cannot ship via USPS.
Cannot ship via SmartPost.
Shipping Weight: 36.0 lb
Dimensions: 14.0"L x 9.0"W x 12.0"H