- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
- Latin Name: Vaccinium corymbosum x
- Zones: 6-9
- Chill Hours: 400
- Harvest: Mid to late season.
- Bush Habit: Upright, moderately vigorous bush reaching 4-6' tall with green foliage in fall.
- Fruit: Large, robust flavored berries.
- Facts of note: Southmoon is a Sourthern Highbush that produces exceptional berries. It does especially well in lighter, sandy soils with generous additions of organic matter. This Florida native performs well in California where chilling hours reach 500. We believe it will become a favorite for Southern gardeners. More productive when pollinated with Misty and Oneal.
Delicious, exceptionally nutritious, high in bioflavanoids. Consider climate suitability, ripening season and fruit size when selecting varieties and include at least two different varieties for cross–pollination and fruiting (any two varieties will do, regardless of ripening time). Grow in acidic, well–drained soil. Cottonseed meal is an excellent fertilizer for blueberries along with good quality compost and peat moss.
Check out our Fruit Harvest Chart to plan for successive harvests.
- Container Compatible
Cannot ship to the following states: HI, AK, PR, GU, VI
Cannot ship via USPS.
Cannot ship via SmartPost.
Shipping Weight: 3.0 lb
Dimensions: 14"L x 3"W x 3"H