- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Pisum arvense Cool season legume cover crop.
Ground-hugging pea germinates and grows in cooler soils than most legumes and withstands temperatures to 10°F.
- Application Rate: 2-4 lb/1000 sq ft or 70-120 lb/acre
- Inoculant: Pea-Vetch or Garden Combination inoculant
- Germination: 5-10 Days
- Plant Height: 3' (if supported)
- Uses: Good weed competitor, does well in heavy soils, and fixes 70-125 lb of Nitrogen/acre, attracts beneficial insects to the growing area at the start of the season. Good protein source in forage mixtures.
- Facts to Note: In most areas, sow in early-mid fall on well-drained soil. Matures early (April in warm areas)
- Adds Significant Organic Matter
- Attracts Beneficial Insects
- Cold Hardy
- Down to 25°F
- Fixes Nitrogen
- Germination in Soils 45°F
- Good for Forage/Hay
- Good for Weed Competition
- Loosens Heavy Soils
- Provides Quick Growth
- Tolerates Mowing/Grazing
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8.0"L x 5.0"W x 1.5"H