- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
- They call it Elephant because it gets so big! It looks, smells, and tastes like garlic but it's actually a member of the leek family. Cure for 30 days before using, or it will be bitter.
- Raw flavor is like an intense green onion with a garlic taste, but we recommend using this cooked, not raw.
- Delicious in chicken dishes, or as an onion or leek substitute in soups or stews.
- A great keeper, storing up to a year.
- Grows best where winters aren't too severe (sorry, Midwesterners). When raised in optimal conditions, this monster can be 4" across.
- Packaged as a combination of bulbs and individual cloves by weight. Approximately 1.5-2 bulbs per pound, 5-6 cloves per bulb
- Grown in California
Please note: Elephant garlic will look different than other varieties of garlic on arrival. The cloves may have separated from the bulb and the papery skins may be peeling. This is completely normal and will not affect viability.
View our entire seed garlic collection!
- Container Compatible
- Easily Established
- Easy to Peel Cloves
- Good for Beginners
- Good Keeper
- Mild Flavor
We cannot delay ship garlic/shallots. They will be shipped as soon as they are in stock.
Cannot ship to the following states: HI, PR, VI, ID, GU
Shipping Weight: 1.28 lb
Dimensions: 7.0"L x 5.0"W x 5.0"H
Limited Seed Garlic Guarantee (When Planted by November 15th)
Claim Deadline is 45 Days from Purchase or Delivery. (Claims placed after December 31st will be denied.)
What We Guarantee
Our only guarantee is that the seed garlic we sell will germinate, provided you follow the steps listed in our Garlic Planting & Growing Guide. This guarantee is only available to customers who purchase their seed garlic directly from us.
What We Cannot Guarantee
We cannot guarantee that your garlic will remain alive & healthy, or sizes up properly, as there are too many variables beyond our control to be able to do so (i.e. soil preparation, fertilization, weed and pest control, temperature control, irrigation, etc).
How to Request a Credit
If you encounter a significant lack of germination of your garlic (over 50%), please contact us within 45 days of delivery. If we determine that your garlic had a significant lack of germination, we will issue you a credit (not a refund) for the purchase price of your garlic (excluding shipping).* This 45-day time frame is meant to allow you up to 2 weeks to plant your garlic, and up to 4 weeks to check for signs of growth.
(*) We reserve the right to not issue credit for items already replaced. We also reserve the right to require photographic evidence of the lack of germination of your garlic.