- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION
When placing your bare root orders, please be aware that AS SOON as the trees/plants are available to ship (Dec. for trees, Jan. for plants), we will begin shipping IMMEDIATELY - no matter where you are located !!!
There are several factors why we must ship immediately:
- We can only ship bare root items when they are dormant. With us being located in CA, trees/plants can come out of dormancy well before the rest of the nation is ready to plant.
- We receive our bare root items in successive deliveries. We need to move them out quickly, as our space is limited.
- It is very challenging, if not impossible, to keep track of who gets what when dealing with ten's of thousands of trees/plants and 200 varieties over 3 months, hence we must adhere to our policy.
ATTENTION "POLAR VORTEX" AFFECTED CUSTOMERS
When your order arrives, you should remove it from the outside elements before nightfall. If you will not be present at the destination when the order will be delivered, you should either ship the order to another location or make sure someone will be there to take care of your order.
While your order is hardy enough to withstand freezing temperatures in its box, you definitely should not leave it outside in sub-zero temperatures for days on end.
AS IMPORTANTLY, you then need to open the box, remove the trees/plants from their plastic bag, store them in a basement, cellar or garage, covering their roots with sand, dirt, sawdust or wood chips (do not use cedar that is toxic to the trees) and keep them moist until you are able to plant them in the ground in Spring.
- Variety: European
- Zones: 6-10
- Pruning: Cane Prune
- Harvest: August - September
- Flavor Notes: The flavor ranges from grassy to sweetly tropical. Zesty, fruity flavors.
- Facts of note: The apple, pear, and tropical fruit flavors complimented with bright acids. Made with little or no barrel aging. Wine to be consumed within 2 or 3 years. Provides acid balance to sweet wines. Sauvignon Blanc is a strong producing plant. Early ripening variety.
Wine grapes have small berry like fruit with seeds. The flavor and color of wine is derived primarily from the skins. The best locations for planting grape vines are on slopes with good drainage and poor fertility.
Select a variety based on your climate and the type of wine desired. Find out if there are any vineyards in your area and what variety they grow — If they are having success with a specific variety you probably will as well.
Keep in mind each vine yields an average of one gallon of wine, but plant extra to make up for fruit loss from birds and other causes.
Our vines are 1-year-old plants, self-rooted from cuttings, no.1 grade with about 8” of top growth. Sold by individual bare root vine.
Cannot ship to the following states: OR, WA, ID, HI, PR
Cannot ship via USPS.
Cannot ship via SmartPost.
Shipping Weight: 3.3 lb
Dimensions: 26"L x 3"W x 3"H