- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION
When placing your bare root orders, please be aware that AS SOON as the trees/plants are available to ship (Dec. for trees, Jan. for plants), we will begin shipping IMMEDIATELY - no matter where you are located !!!
There are several factors why we must ship immediately:
- We can only ship bare root items when they are dormant. With us being located in CA, trees/plants can come out of dormancy well before the rest of the nation is ready to plant.
- We receive our bare root items in successive deliveries. We need to move them out quickly, as our space is limited.
- It is very challenging, if not impossible, to keep track of who gets what when dealing with ten's of thousands of trees/plants and 200 varieties over 3 months, hence we must adhere to our policy.
ATTENTION "POLAR VORTEX" AFFECTED CUSTOMERS
When your order arrives, you should remove it from the outside elements before nightfall. If you will not be present at the destination when the order will be delivered, you should either ship the order to another location or make sure someone will be there to take care of your order.
While your order is hardy enough to withstand freezing temperatures in its box, you definitely should not leave it outside in sub-zero temperatures for days on end.
AS IMPORTANTLY, you then need to open the box, remove the trees/plants from their plastic bag, store them in a basement, cellar or garage, covering their roots with sand, dirt, sawdust or wood chips (do not use cedar that is toxic to the trees) and keep them moist until you are able to plant them in the ground in Spring.
- Variety: European
- Latin Name: Vitis vinifera
- Zones: 7-11
- Pruning: Spur prune
- Harvest: September
- Fruit: Favorite Muscat flavor. Large, green, seeded fruits
- Facts of note: Good for table use, wine, and raisins. Spur pruning. Excellent used as an ornamental, for summer shade, arbors or leafy walls.
European varieties are classed as having originated from the cultivar Vitis vinifera and have tight skins, wine–like flavors, high heat requirements for ripening, and are the most common grapes grown in California. Use fresh, dried, and for juices or wine. Susceptible to powdery mildew, they require regular dusting or spraying with sulfur or other mildew control. May grow successfully in very warm sites at lower elevations, and require deep, moderately fertile soils and regular pruning for high quality and production. Self–fertile.
Our vines are self-rooted from cuttings, 1-year-old plants, no.1 grade with about 8” of top growth. Sold by individual bare root vine.
Cannot ship to the following states: OR, WA, ID, HI, PR
Cannot ship via USPS.
Cannot ship via SmartPost.
Shipping Weight: 3.3 lb
Dimensions: 26"L x 3"W x 3"H