- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Standard on Viking rootstock.
- Zones: 6-10
- Chill hours: 300-400
- Bloom Time: Mid-Season (Based on typical Central Valley California weather)
- Harvest: September 1 - October 1
- Looks: Medium sized elongated green fruit with a red blush. Very firm, yellow almost freestone flesh.
- Personality: Crisp texture and explosive flavor.
- Facts of note: Dave Wilson's Taste Test Top Scorer. One of the top 3 taste-test scorers over all. Fruit hangs on the tree for 4 to 6 weeks while maintaining quality. Vigorous, upright, growth habit and a productive regular bearer.
- Pollination: Pollinated Flavor King Pluot®, Dapple Dandy Pluot® or Santa Rosa plum
- Trees are 1 year old and should begin to fruit in 3-4 years.
For more information, please enjoy our Resource Guide for planting and growing fruit trees.
The Pluot is "Interspecific" meaning it is a complex hybrid of 70 percent plum, 30 percent apricot with decidedly more plum-like traits (also called a plumcot). Smooth-skinned like a plum, the Pluot is sturdy and durable with luscious flavor. It has the chin-dripping juiciness of a fully ripe plum without the notoriously tough skin and tart center typical of the parent plum. The complex, intense flavor of Pluot is unique to interspecifics, much like a blend of fruit juices where the mixture is an improvement over any of the separate ingredients. One of the sweetest fruits, with 16-24 Brix probably explains why Pluots dominate the Dave Wilson Taste Tests. The fruit is very high in Vitamin A. Pluots were bred by Zaiger Genetics Inc. of Modesto California.
- Flavor Pick
- Patented Variety
- Suited to Warmer Climates
Cannot ship to the following states: HI, AK, PR, GU, VI
Cannot ship via USPS.
Cannot ship via SmartPost.
Cannot be combined with other items in a package, due either to its size or manufacturer packaging.
Shipping Weight: 1.8 lb
Dimensions: 34.0"L x 3.9"W x 3.9"H
We guarantee the perishable items we sell to be in good, viable condition when we sell them. Perishable items include, but are not limited to, garlic bulbs, flower bulbs, seed potatoes, onion sets & transplants, bare-root trees, vegetable crowns, etc. If your perishable item arrives in substandard condition, take photographs and please contact us within 3 days of the purchase date (or delivery date) and we will provide you with a refund of the purchase price (excluding shipping costs), or a replacement. Accordingly, we urge you to open any boxes marked as ""Perishable"" immediately upon receiving them and inspect the shipment thoroughly (do not crack open heads of garlic, we do not accept claims on cracked garlic). Because some perishable items can deteriorate very quickly, we cannot accept any claims beyond the 3-day time frame as it becomes too difficult to determine if these items were delivered in substandard condition, or if they turned into such substandard condition because of having been improperly cared for or stored once delivered.