- Use Instructions
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
- Bucket Trap is 13" high x 13" diameter all metal modified cone style fly trap designed to fit over a 5 gallon bucket (not included).
- Simply place bait inside the 5 gallon bucket to catch massive amounts of flies or yellowjackets. Our Fly Trap Bait, a mix of active dry yeast and ammonium carbonate, works well attracting flies to the trap.
- The flies enter the trap in an effort to access an odorous bait (not included).
- Then the flies travel towards the light through a hole in a cone into a containment within the top of the trap.
- The flies then die of dehydration. Yellow Jackets (meat bees not paper wasps) are also easy to catch with these traps.
In mountainous regions good results catching flies have been observed baiting with salami peels, spoiled shrimp, and canned mackerel. Yellowjackets (sometimes called meat bees) are an easy catch when baiting with meat scraps, chicken bones, or cat food.
Catching flies in the presence of horses or livestock usually requires using commercial baits, such as our Fly Trap Bait. Commercial baits may need to be replaced every 4-6 weeks or so depending on the climate. Baits work best when moist because water mixed with a bait concentrate can produce a large vapor plume. A breezy location also helps draw vapors through the Exclusion Screen.
The Exclusion Screen forms a cover for the bucket to keep the flies out of the bait. Even though the flies cannot access the bait, the smell attracts them to the trap. It can also be placed on the ground over a bait and loose soil can be piled up around the edge of the trap to seal the flies out.
Cannot ship via USPS.
Cannot ship via SmartPost.
Cannot be combined with other items in a package, due either to its size or manufacturer packaging.
Shipping Weight: 10.94 lb
Dimensions: 13.5"L x 13.5"W x 13.5"H