- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Triticum X Secale Cool season cover crop. Exciting cereal grain variety offers many benefits, especially in orchards and vineyards. Creates a tremendous amount of organic matter due to its massive root system and its enormous amount of top growth. A winter type of triticale, that can survive colder winters than the spring types, such as Bunker or Juan. Low growing (6"-12") until late spring to early summer, when it can reach 5'.
- Application Rate: 60-80 lb/acre or 2-4 lb/1000 sq ft.
- Inoculant: No inoculant required
- Germination: 5-10 Days
- Plant Height: 5'
- Uses: Trios is a good variety for forage production in the Pacific Northwest. Because of its aggressive root system, Trios promotes water penetration and erosion control during the rainy season.
- Facts to Note: Yields more organic matter than even Merced Rye or Barley. Slower and lower growing in winter than other triticale varieties. Mow it in spring to a height of 3" and it will continue to regrow. Use this crop to take up excess nitrogen.
- Adds Significant Organic Matter
- Cold Hardy
- Down to 25°F
- Easily Established
- Germination in Soils 45°F
- Good for Weed Competition
- Helps Control Erosion
- Tolerates Mowing/Grazing
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8.0"L x 5.0"W x 1.5"H