Ganoderma lucidum, known as Reishi (ray-shee) by the Japanese and Ling Chi by the Chinese, is a conk-forming mushroom found growing on logs and stumps in temperate zones throughout the world. It comes in a variety of colors: red, yellow, purple and black
(the strain we have provided for you is deep red in color), with a varnished looking upper surface and a light, porous underside that is velvety to the touch.
Reishi has long been sought after for its beneficial properties. Reishi is perhaps the most well renowned of all the medicinal fungi, represented in Asian art for thousands of years. Reputed to have many health stimulating properties, Western studies are increasingly authenticating what Eastern cultures have known for thousands of years; that this mushroom stimulates the body’s immune system, relieves
arthritis and facilitates respiration. Once mature fruitbodies have formed this mushroom is broken up, powdered and steeped in simple teas. Its flavor is strong, distinctive and pleasant to most people.
- Ganoderma lucidum (Ling Chi/Reishi)
- A 70 – 80° F indoor temperature is required for this patch to produce.
- The mushroom can take 1 to 3 months to reach full maturity.
- The Patch is made from Alder sawdust and woodchips.
- The Reishi Indoor Patch is Certified Organic by the Washington State Department of Agriculture.
- Detailed instructions are included. Follow the instructions exactly or the kit may not perform as expected.
Please note that Mushroom kits ship directly from our supplier, and are perishable; therefore they are not returnable or refundable. Price does NOT include shipping via FedEx Home Delivery.