Jazz up your food presentation with this collection of edible flowers.
The seed varieties vary, the tin currently contains one seed pack of each of the following varieties:
- Radish Pink Beauty- The sweet white to pale lavender flowers taste like a mild, sweet radish.
- Bachelor Buttons (Cornflower) - Eat the petals, the calyx can be bitter.
- Nasturtium Dwarf Jewel Mix - Peppery flavored blooms in orange, red, yellow, and white. The leaves are edible as well and taste something like watercress.
- Burgundy Okra - These beautiful flowers have a nutty taste when eaten raw and taste something like asparagus when cooked.
- Garlic Chives - Great garlic flavor, the flowers have a strong flavor so avoid eating whole flowers all at once.
- Squash Summer Dark Green Zucchini - Eat the male blossoms (blossoms with a narrow stem) which appear first as they do not produce fruit, although the female blossoms (blossoms with a thick stem) taste just as delicious.
- Basil Dark Purple Opal - Treat yourself to a delicious, herbal flavor.
- Dill Bouquet - Great garnish for seafood.
- Chives-Common - These lovely white flowers are a favorite for making soothing tea.
- Cilantro - Use the leaves or flowers in Mexican, Indian or Asian dishes
The tin measures 4 1/2" long x 3 1/8" wide x 1 5/16" deep. Peaceful Valley brand and most other seed packets are a perfect fit; the metal tin keeps seeds safe from r-a-t-s.
Multiple tins stack or make a decorative display. See the whole range of Gift Seed Tin Collections here.