This product qualifies for $9.99 flat rate shipping in the Continental US.
Organic French Fingerling Potato
Said to have arrived in this country during the 1800's in a horse's feedbag; this fingerling is gourmet quality with satin red skin. On the inside, you'll find a yellow flesh with an interior ring of red, when cut across. Produces good quality, medium-sized tubers which are a great addition to any plate. It is Mid-season. (80-100 days)
Potatoes are simple to grow and reap pounds and pounds of rewards!• Our potatoes are certified seed & certified organic.
• Harvest 10-15 lbs. of potatoes
for every pound planted under optimal conditions.
• Fall-planted spuds produce outstanding yields by May. However, if your area experiences hard winters (USDA Zones 1-7), or you tend to have long wet seasons when rot might be a problem, plant potatoes in spring.
- Complete planting information is included with your shipment.
- One pound of potatoes will plant a row approximately 8' long with seed pieces spaced at 8"-12" apart.
- Plan on 1,200 lbs/acre (600 lbs. of fingerlings) when rows are spaced 36" apart with 12" between plants.
- Item Model Number: FP890
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 5 x 5 inches.
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds.
love these potatoes
We just pulled out our first French Fingerling Potatoes and were we surprised at how prolific they were! We planted them around St. Patrick's day, and have a nice harvest of new potatoes at the end of June. There were some LARGE potatoes on our plants, and they had such smooth red skins. They were beautiful even before we roasted them. Delicious!
Review by Ginna (on 6/28/11)