This product qualifies for $9.99 flat rate shipping in the Continental US.
Organic German Butterball Potato
Introduced by David Ronniger in 1988, this creamy and yellow fleshed potato will surely win you over. This mouth watering potato even won first place in Rodale's Organic Gardening "Taste Off". (100-120 days)
Potatoes are simple to grow and reap pounds and pounds of rewards!• Our potatoes are certified seed & certified organic.
• Harvest 10-15 lbs. of potatoes
for every pound planted under optimal conditions.
• Fall-planted spuds produce outstanding yields by May. However, if your area experiences hard winters (USDA Zones 1-7), or you tend to have long wet seasons when rot might be a problem, plant potatoes in spring.
- Complete planting information is included with your shipment.
- One pound of potatoes will plant a row approximately 8' long with seed pieces spaced at 8"-12" apart.
- Plan on 1,200 lbs/acre (600 lbs. of fingerlings) when rows are spaced 36" apart with 12" between plants.
- Item Model Number: FP885
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 5 x 5 inches.
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds.
Possibly the best potato we have grown. Very prolific and tasty. Our yield was about 20X.
Review by MG (on 11/8/11)
We grew 30 pounds of seed potatoes last winter, 20 of which were German Butterballs. The yield was good and the potatoes were large and very flavorful. We will be growing again this year. This will be the only russet type potato we will grow.
Review by SJ Ranch (on 10/6/11)