Organic Yukon Gold
Our best seller and an excellent keeper. Attractive, smooth, thin yellow skin, shallow eyes, yellow flesh and uniform yields. Lends itself well to any method of potato preparation. Immensely popular since its 1981 release from Canada.
If you like your fried potatoes golden brown, Yukon Gold will almost turn that color by themselves. Yukon Gold is also favored by top chefs for making traditional mashed potatoes. With Yukon Gold, your mashed potatoes will be golden and beautiful to both the eye and the taste. When first harvested, Yukon Gold shows unique pink eyes not seen in other yellow varieties. (60-80 days)
Potatoes are simple to grow and reap pounds and pounds of rewards!• Our potatoes are certified seed & certified organic.
• Harvest 10-15 lbs. of potatoes for every pound planted under optimal conditions.
• Fall-planted spuds produce outstanding yields by May. However, if your area experiences hard winters (USDA Zones 1-7), or you tend to have long wet seasons when rot might be a problem, plant potatoes in spring.
- Complete planting information is included with your shipment.
- One pound of potatoes will plant a row approximately 8' long with seed pieces spaced at 8"-12" apart.
- Plan on 1,200 lbs/acre (600 lbs. of fingerlings) when rows are spaced 36" apart with 12" between plants.
Item Model Number:
7 x 5 x 5 inches.
Product Use Instructions:
Yukon Gold Organic Potato (Lb) Instructions - 160kb
Warranty Info, Shipping Charts, and more.
Organic Gardening Resource Center:
Resource Center, and more.
Related Content from our