This product qualifies for $9.99 flat rate shipping in the Continental US.
Check Out Our Garlic Articles
- They call it Elephant because it gets so big! It looks, smells, and tastes like garlic but it's actually a member of the leek family. Cure for 30 days before using, or it will be bitter.
- Raw flavor is like an intense green onion with a garlic taste, but we recommend using this cooked, not raw.
- Delicious in chicken dishes, or as an onion or leek substitute in soups or stews.
- A great keeper, storing up to a year.
- Grows best where winters aren't too severe (sorry, Midwesterners). When raised in optimal conditions, this monster can be 4" across.
- Packaged as a combination of bulbs and individual cloves by weight. Approximately 1.5 cloves per lb.
* Garlic Basics * Garlic Growing Guide * Softneck vs Hardneck Garlic!
We strive to bring you viable, good sized, reasonably priced seed. Unlike other companies, we sell our garlic by the pound, not by the bulb or the ounce. We are so confident that you will be satisfied with our garlic that if any heads you receive do not meet your standard, you can return un-cracked bulbs for a refund, excluding shipping costs. You must notify us of any problems within 3 days of receipt, so it is important that you inspect your entire garlic shipment upon arrival. Please read our Nursery Stock Limited Replacement Guarantee and our Limitation of Remedy here.
- Item Model Number: FP550
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 5 x 5 inches.
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds.
Delicious, fun to cook with
Since elephant garlic isn't actually garlic, it has a different texture/quality to it even if the taste is quite similar. It's a lot of fun to chop up and sauté with meet or veggies.
Review by Kelly (on 9/6/13)
Related Content from our