Okra Rice Combo
Ingredients1 T vegetable oil
2 c okra, cut into ½ inch slices
1 c onions, chopped
½ c green or red pepper, chopped
2 c chicken or vegetable broth
1 ½ c corn kernels
1 c uncooked long grain rice
1 c fresh tomatoes, chopped
dash cayenne or Tabasco sauce
Number of Servings :6
1. In a large pan, over medium heat, heat the oil.
2. Add chopped okra, onion, and pepper and cook about 5 minutes.
3. Add broth, corn, rice, and cayenne or hot sauce. Bring to a boil and stir once.
4. Simmer, uncovered for about 20 minutes or until the rice is done.
5. Stir in the tomatoes, heat over low heat and serve immediately.