Cover crop mixtures for soil building are one of the cornerstones of sustainable agriculture. They are low cost, easy to maintain, and earth friendly. See the benefits of improved soil health and structure. In the end, planting cover crop seed benefits the soil, the crop, and the grower.
Peaceful Valley has a number of cover crop seed mixes to promote soil building and soil health in your organic farm or garden.
What are the benefits of cover crops?
- Increases organic matter and available nitrogen
- Increases earthworms and beneficial microorganisms
- Stabilizes soil to prevent erosion
- Brings deep-rooted minerals to the surface
- Improves water, root and air penetration of soil
- Increases the soil’s moisture-holding capacity
- Breaks up subsoil and plow-soles