Vanilla-Roasted Strawberries with Balsamic Wine Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 18 organic strawberries, tops cut off
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chilled, unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
- 1 pint frozen vanilla yogurt
Number of Servings :4
Preheat oven to 400°F
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch ceramic casserole or quiche dish in the oven. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into melted butter and stir. Put strawberries in the dish, head first on their cut sides, and sprinkle with sugar. Slide vanilla halves between berries in the bottom of the pan.
Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes, or until berries are soft. Cool for 20 minutes. The longer they sit, the more juice you will get.
Remove berries from dish and transfer pan juices to a small skillet. Add wine and vinegar to pan, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat; whisk in chilled butter.
In 4 dessert dishes, scoop in frozen vanilla yogurt, top with berries and the sauce. Serve immediately.