Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
- 1/2 lb angel hair or thin spaghetti
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced (try it with Purple Italian!)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 cup minced Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Number of Servings :4
Cook pasta. Set aside 3/4 cup of pasta cooking water.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes, stirring, until it becomes golden and fragrant. Add red pepper flakes and cook 30 seconds. Carefully add reserved water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, add 1 tsp salt, and simmer 5 minutes to reduce liquid by about a third.
Remove from heat. Add to pasta and toss. Add parsley and Parmesan, toss again. Let sit for 5 minutes to absorb sauce. Taste, adjust to taste, and serve warm.