- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
- Latin Name: Vaccinium corymbosum sp.
- Variety: Southern Highbush
- Plant Age: 2 Years
- Zones: 8-10
- Chill Hours: 200
- Harvest: Early mid-season
- Bush Habit: Upright bush reaching 6 – 8' tall with green foliage in fall.
- Fruit: Very large, tangy berries.
- Facts of note: Jewel yields abundant crops of the largest Southern Highbush berries with a tangy flavor. Its upright habit makes it a great landscape plant. Dependable in mild-winter climates because of a low chill requirement. Long harvest period. Plant with other mid-season fruiting blueberries for best performance.
Delicious, exceptionally nutritious, high in bioflavanoids. Consider climate suitability, ripening season and fruit size when selecting varieties and include at least two different varieties for cross–pollination and fruiting (any two varieties will do, regardless of ripening time). Grow in acidic, well-drained soil. Cottonseed meal is an excellent fertilizer for blueberries along with good quality compost and peat moss.
Check out our Fruit Harvest Chart to plan for successive harvests.
- Container Compatible
- Suited to Warmer Climates
Cannot ship to the following states: HI, AK, PR, GU, VI
Cannot ship via USPS.
Cannot ship via SmartPost.
Shipping Weight: 3.0 lb
Dimensions: 14"L x 3"W x 3"H