Singing the Praises of 'Music' Garlic
- Hardneck–First of all, it's a hardneck garlic and all the hardnecks have more complex flavors than the softneck garlic found in grocery stores. 'Music' is one of the hardnecks known as a porcelain garlic, and it is beautiful. New to garlic? Our blog has a quick intro to the kinds of garlic.
- Easy to grow–'Music' is a hardy garlic that likes cold weather. It can grow up to 3'-4' tall. Its dark green leaves are stabilized by long roots.
- Stores well–After harvest, the cloves store 3-6 months in good conditions (meaning dry, cool, and well-ventilated).
- Large cloves–The 'Music' cloves are large and easy to peel.
- Excellent flavor–The flavors of 'Music' are described as mildly to medium hot, with musky, rich taste.
- High allicin levels–'Music' has a high content of allicin, which researchers say is a powerful antioxidant. If this has piqued your interest in garlic you can also try our Garlic Combo sampler.