- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
We developed this mix especially for vegetable rotations and general cool-weather cover cropping!
Premium Soil Builder is not filled with cheap grasses like other mixes. Contains the highest-yielding winter-hardy legumes with cayuse oats added to stabilize the soil, and to nurse and scaffold the vetches.
- Application Rate: 3-5 lb/1000 sq ft, or 70-120 lb/acre at a depth of 3/4 to 1 in
- Inoculant: Pea Vetch or Garden Combination Inoculant (sold separately)
- Germination: 5-10 Days
- Plant Height: 4 - 6'
- Uses: Chokes out weeds, provides excellent habitat for beneficial insects. Extraordinary yields of nitrogen (up to 290 lb/acre) and organic matter (up to 49 tons/acre).
- Facts to Note: Seed in September to October (earlier in colder regions). In coastal or cool summer zones, Soil Builder can be spring-planted
Contains: Formulation may vary based on availability. Currently the mix contains: Bell Beans, BioMaster Peas, Dunsdale Peas, Purple Vetch, Hairy Vetch, Common Vetch and Cayuse Oats.
- Adds Significant Organic Matter
- Cold Hardy
- Down to 25°F
- Fixes Nitrogen
- Germination in Soils 45°F
- Good for Forage/Hay
- Good for Weed Competition
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8.0"L x 5.0"W x 1.5"H