- Use Instructions
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Chrysoperla rufilabris larvae, Green Lacewing larvae (also known as aphid lions) devour aphids and will feed on mealybugs, cottony cushion scale, insect eggs, mites, thrips, red spider mites, moth eggs and small caterpillars. Release one Green Lacewing larva per twenty pests, or two larvae per one square foot. Use 10,000 to 50,000 larvae per acre.
- Lacewing eggs are incubated at the insectary and upon arrival some may have hatched into larvae.
- They are mixed with rice hulls for easy distribution and should be released (as long as hatched larvae can be observed) the same day received. Simply sprinkle the contents over the target area.
- If you would like to observe the larvae, or check the contents of your bottle before release, sprinkle some of the contents onto a piece of white paper. You will see larvae crawling amongst the rice hulls.
- The larvae will feed for approximately 10 to 14 days (depending on climatic conditions and available food source) and then pupate. You may wish to introduce more larvae at that time.
- For complete instructions, click the More Info tab to download the Product Guide.
Price DOES NOT include delivery. Ships via FedEx Overnight to a street address only (no Post Office box).
Insects are sent out Monday through Wednesday. Place your order at least 3 business days in advance of desired shipping date (Monday holidays will delay processing of order). Unless you specify otherwise, we will send your Beneficial Insects on the next possible shipping day. You could also request delayed delivery in the Order-Specific Comments box.
These are shipped with cold packs in warm months. Do not be alarmed when the cold packs arrive warm or melted, as this will not affect the viability of the product. However, these creatures may die if left in direct sunlight or in a rural mailbox on a hot afternoon, or in cold weather. We only guarantee viability if someone accepts and inspects the insects immediately upon delivery. You must contact us immediately upon delivery if you suspect a viability problem.
Because of this, often the best address to use is a work address. If FedEx is instructed to leave the package in a cool, safe place and it’s for a short period of time, viability should not be compromised, but cannot be guaranteed. If no one is available and no instructions have been left, delivery may be re-attempted the next business day. However, viability may be compromised and will not be guaranteed.
Ships via FedEx Overnight to street addresses only. Cannot ship to PO Boxes.
Cannot ship to the following states: HI, PR, VI, GU
Ships directly from the vendor. Tracking emails will be sent once the box ships.
Cannot be combined with other items in a package, due either to its size or manufacturer packaging.
Shipping Weight: 2.0 lb
Dimensions: 0.0"L x 0.0"W x 0.0"H