- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
- Zones: 8-9
- Chill Hours: NA
- Looks: The pollinizer for the familiar, fuzzy skinned kiwi fruit is a woody vine. With large, heart-shaped, rounded leaves and some creamy flowers in spring, Pretty ornamental plant as well as a pollinizer for the Vincent female kiwi. It needs the support of a trellis or can be trained on heavy wire as an espalier.
- Personality: This male vine does not produce fruit.
- Facts of Note: Kiwi vines can take off and grow up to 30', so be sure you have a sturdy trellis or system of wires to support them. Plant in full sun or part-shade, with weekly irrigation (more in hot spells) and fertile, well-drained soil. Hardy to 10-15°F. Best fruit appears if there is a winter chill below 32°F.
- Pollination: Tomuri is the male vine that pollinizes the female vine, Vincent. If grown in the center of a group of Vincent vines, 1 Tomuri can pollinate up to 8 Vincents. If you are growing the tender kiwi vines in a line, then plant 1 Tomuri after 3 or 4 Vincents in a row.
- Provides Quick Growth
- Suited to Warmer Climates
- Useful for Ornamental
Cannot ship to the following states: AK, HI, PR, VI, GU
Potted Trees & Plants - Ship up to 9 Trees/Plants for $19.99!
Our potted tree/plant varieties include Almonds, Figs, Pomegranates, Olives, Kiwis, some Blueberries, some Raspberries, some Blackberries and Gojis. Up to 9 potted trees/plants can ship together in one master box. Potted tree/plant boxes ship for $19.99 to the lower 48 states via FedEx Ground (or FedEx Home Delivery). Potted trees/vines cannot ship via USPS, and cannot be shipped to P.O. boxes. We are unable to ship our potted trees/plants to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam. Potted trees/plants cannot be combined with bare root trees.
Cannot ship via USPS.
Cannot ship via SmartPost.
Up to 9 PottedTree may be combined in a single package, but cannot be combined with other items.
Shipping Weight: 4.25 lb
Dimensions: 47.9"L x 3.9"W x 3.9"H
Limited Guarantee for Dormant Trees & Plants (When Planted in the Ground by April 1st)
Claim Deadline is June 1st (with the exception of persimmon trees, which have a deadline of June 15th)! Claims placed after June 1st (or June 15th for persimmon trees) will be denied.
What We Guarantee
Our only guarantee is that your dormant tree/plant will arrive in good, viable condition and will leaf out by May 15th (historically 98% of our trees do). This guarantee is only available to customers who purchased their tree/plant directly from us, and who planted their tree/plant in the ground by April 1st (or temporarily in a pot if the ground in their zone was still frozen solid).
What We Cannot Guarantee
We cannot guarantee that your tree/plant remains alive & healthy, or bears fruit, as there are too many variables beyond our control in order to do so (i.e. soil preparation, planting, fertilization, weed & pest control, adequate irrigation and/or drainage, chill hours, compatible hardiness for your zone, proper choice of pollinator, etc).
How to Request a Credit
If your tree/plant does not leaf out by May 15th, please perform a scratch test by checking for green under the bark, a few inches over the graft. If the scratch test reveals a brown cambium, that means your tree/plant is dead or dying. Watch our video titled Bare Root (Dormant) Warranty on how to perform this simple test. If the scratch test revealed that your plant is dead or dying, pull it from the ground and take pictures of the entire tree/plant, including the roots. Submit your claim & pictures by using the Return an Item tool on our Customer Service page (or email us at email@example.com) no later than June 1st (or June 15th for persimmon trees). We will review your claim and issue you a credit (not a refund) for the purchase price of your tree/plant (excluding shipping).*
(*) We reserve the right to not issue credit for items already replaced. We also reserve the right to require photographic evidence that the tree/plant was not killed by root rot, rodent or mechanical damage.