- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Zones: 8-9
- Looks: Slow growing cultivar of limited development with a very obvious weeping habit. The tree will eventually top out at about 20'. The crown is dense and abundant with leaves.
- Personality: Generally matures simultaneously, although the time for maturation is intermediate in relation to the other Tuscan cultivars. Black in color with an oil content of between 22 and 23%. The oil has a delicate flavor and is pleasant.
- Facts of note: Mild resistance to cold. Because of its long, flexible branches, it is well-suited to manual harvesting. Widely appreciated by growers for its high fruit production and plays a crucial role as an excellent pollinator, both for table and oil cultivars. Sometimes called the universal pollenizer.
- Pollenizer: Self-fruitful, often grown with Leccino
Photos by Santa Cruz Olive Tree Nursery
Olive trees come potted and are self-fruitful (produce both male and female flowers on the same tree). Even if a pollenizer is not required, mixing varieties may help increase yields. See suggested trees under "Pollenizer" for each variety. Evergreen, long-lived, beautiful ornamental with soft gray-green foliage. The ideal time of year to plant olives is in early fall. Alternately early spring is another good time of year to plant olives. The slow growing trees reach about 25’–30’ in maturity. Depending on the variety, olives should begin to produce fruit 2-4 years after planting.
Thrives in hot summers but will tolerate coastal regions too. Winter temperatures shouldn’t drop below 22°–25°F (green fruit will be damaged at 32°F), but average winter temperatures above 50°F will inhibit fruiting. Drought resistant trees grow in alkaline soils with little fertilization. Plan your planting location to provide good drainage.
The potted trees will be about 18"-36” tall from the bottom of the pot to the top of the tree, approximately 1/8”–1/4” diameter (measured just above the graft).
- Somewhat Drought Tolerant
- Suited to Warmer Climates
Cannot ship to the following states: FL, TX, AZ, OR, VA, AK, HI, PR, VI, GU
Cannot ship via USPS.
Cannot ship via SmartPost.
Up to 0 of these items may be combined in a single package, but cannot be combined with other items.
Shipping Weight: 4.5 lb
Dimensions: 47.9"L x 3.9"W x 3.9"H