Gardening Activities to Do in Your February Garden
Even though it's still cold outside, February is a great time to get your garden started. Watch our video on things to do in the garden in February for lots of great information.
Seed Starting and Planning for the Summer Garden
- February is a good time to start your heat loving, slow growing vegetables like peppers, eggplant and tomatoes so that they'll be nice and big to transplant out in the garden.
- It's also a great time to start cold hardy plants for your spring garden that prefer to be transplanted such as cauliflower, kale or broccoli.
- Try the seed planting calculator in our online Resource Center to figure out the best planting dates for your area.
- Plant your seeds in soilless seed starting mix such as our QuickRoot and make sure to give your seedlings sufficient heat, light and water for healthy, sturdy growth.
Bare Root Perennial Vegetables, Berries and Fruit TreesIf perennial vegetables, like rhubarb or berries are on your list of what to plant, February is a great time to do so.
- Check out groworganic.com for all the perennial vegetables
- or Fruit and Nut trees available at this time.